Business and Employment
We take a common sense approach to the sometimes complex issues
We advise on the formation of companies, partnerships and joint ventures, terms of trading, shareholders’ agreements, the acquisition and disposal of incorporated and unincorporated businesses, agency and distribution contracts.
We take a common sense approach to the sometimes complex issues involved, so that our clients receive practical and relevant advice.
Our business department works closely with the property department particularly in relation to agricultural and equestrian matters where the two disciplines often interact.
- The drafting of employment contracts, grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Advising on and dealing with allegations of sex, race, disability, religion and sexual orientation discrimination.
- Prosecuting and defending claims in the Employment Tribunal.
- The employment implications of buying and selling businesses.
- Bringing injunctive action against former employees in breach of restrictive covenants.
- Settlement agreements (formerly known as Compromise agreements).